30 Day Money Back Guarantee
In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied in some way with the instrument you bought from me, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a refund.
How to apply for a refund
1. Contact me and let me know you will be returning the instrument.
2. Ship the instrument back to me, with tracking. Please also return all original packing materials (including cellophane instrument wraps and cardboard boxes, if any) and accessories, with no marks or fingerprints. The instrument must be ready for resale.
3. You will be refunded the amount you paid for the purchase price, less the cost of shipping.
4. I will refund your payment via PayPal or bank transfer within 7 days.
5. Please ensure that you use a delivery service that enables your item to be tracked, as I cannot give you a refund for an item that I don’t receive, even when I believe that you sent it. Most post offices and couriers have a service that requires the receiver to sign for receipt upon delivery, and can notify you when this is done. I advise you to use this service, for your protection.
6. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable unless the item was not as described. For example, you ordered a green flute and I sent you a red one; in this case I will also credit you with return shipping costs.
Most people are delighted with their instruments, so it’s unlikely you will wish to exercise this guarantee. However, if you do, I will honor it, thus you are assured of a low risk purchase.
12 Month Return-to-Base Warranty
There are two options.
Option 1. You can take your instrument to a repairer in your area. I will pay for the cost of repairs up to a maximum of $US25. To claim your rebate you will need to provide me with a receipt from the repairer and a brief description of the fault. Just scan it and email a copy to me. There are two reasons why I need this. Firstly, because some people, not you of course, would claim the $25 without actually having gone to any repairer. Secondly, I can pass on the comments to my manufacturer to upgrade the quality of my instruments.
I will credit your PayPal account within 7 days of receiving your receipt, provided that fewer than 12 months have elapsed since the date of your purchase. You can only have your instrument repaired once under this warranty.
Option 2. After contacting me and receiving authorization, you can ship the instrument back to me and I will repair or replace it, at my discretion. In this case you will be responsible for paying the shipping cost in both directions. The reason you have to pay for the shipping is because you bought the instrument at a very good price originally.
Limits to Warranty
1. I will only repair or replace instruments which are faulty due to improper or defective manufacture. The warranty is not an insurance policy, and cannot be used to claim for loss or damage caused by your misuse or negligence.
2. The warranty is not transferable. This means that it will not apply to someone else if you sell or give your instrument to them.
3. My liability under the warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the instrument, and possibly shipping costs. It does not cover you, for instance, for emotional trauma should you fail your final exam due to a spring coming off your instrument.
4. The warranty does not cover defects caused by normal wear and tear, or defects resulting from improper use or use contrary to normal usage, accidental damage, breakages, misuse, failure to observe normal operating procedures, damage caused by insufficient maintenance and care, or damage caused by modifications, interventions or attempted repairs that are not carried out, or authorized by me.
5. Consumable items, cases, cleaning cloths, gloves, zippers, case latches, straps, reeds, and other small accessories are excluded from this guarantee.
Warranty claims are rare, as my Masterpiece instruments are so reliable. Whatever happens, I will honor the warranty, so you are assured of a risk-free purchase.
Shipping & Delivery
I usually ship items within one business day of receiving your payment.
I send all instruments via airmail with tracking, via Australia Post, whom I have found to be the most reliable and economical courier.
Please allow up to seven days for delivery, especially before Christmas, as deliveries are sometimes held up during busy periods, and for other reasons outside of my control.
After dispatching your order, I will email you with a tracking number so that you can follow the progress of your parcel.
Delivery takes about 7-14 days after I receive your payment, sometimes longer in countries such as Russia.
I will ship to the address specified in the Paypal, eBay or credit card notification I receive from the payment gateway. Please ensure that the address in your account is up to date.
If you require shipping to a different address then please email me within one hour of payment. As I ship very quickly after payment, I need to know very soon if your address is different from the one your payment processor gives me. If you don't inform me of a different shipping address, you will be responsible for any extra charges associated with redirecting your package.
All items carry full-replacement insurance. If your instrument is lost during shipment, I will replace it for you at no charge
Please advise of any damage or deficiency within 24 hours of receipt and keep ALL packaging - items cannot be returned without original packaging.
Please note that any additional charges, VAT, duties, quarantine charges, clearance charges, etc are to the account of the purchaser, in other words, you pay them.
Please check with the customs department in your country to ascertain whether or not any charges are likely to be incurred. I am sorry but I cannot help with estimating any potential charges as I do not have that information. There are no additional charges for Australian customers.
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00 pm Australian Central Time.
I am closed on all public and local holidays and do not ship on those days or weekends.
Your credit card details are transmitted securely, and are not stored on or by this site.
I do not share your email address with anyone, and will never spam you.
By purchasing from a listing, or bidding on an auction, you are signifying that you accept completely the above terms and conditions.
Be certain that you want the instrument before you commit to buying it. I always report non-paying bidders to eBay and leave negative feedback.